Constitution of the Republic: Index
Note that this constitution is still in the process of conversion to HTML. The first five articles (of seven, and the first two are the longest) are already converted, and the rest should be up in HTML shortly. In the interim, please see the plain text version for everything after Article V.
Update: Never did ghet the full version in HTML... It's on the list, tho. In the meantime, I've done a major reorganization making Article II, Chapter B and Chapter B-2 from the original chapter.
Article I: Declaration of Rights
- Freedom of Expression
- Right to Privacy
- Non-interference Rights
- Freedom of Religion and Culture
- Property and Corporate Rights
- Duties of All Citizens
Article II: Form of government
- Basic Outline
- Elections and Eligibility
- -2 The Hare/STV system of Proportional Representation
- Making and Executing Laws
- Other Means of Legislation in Certain cases
- Money and Corporate Matters
- Wars and Emergencies
- Appointments and Impeachments
- Law Enforcement and Executive Organization
Article III: Authorization of Laws
Article IV: Judiciary and Due Process Rights
- Organization of the Judiciary
- Criminal and Detainee Due Process
- Civil Due Process
- Limitations of Government
- Interpretation of this Constitution
Article V: Amendment
- Amendment of this Constitution
- Limitations on Amendment
- Process for Amending Limited Provisions
Articles VI-VIII coming soon
- The homepage for this site.
- Webring users, if you are not interested in this site please click here to go back to the ring codes.
- The arguements for my constitution
- An introduction to the theory and practice of constitutional government, in the form of an arguement for the proposed system.
- My constitution
- The document itself, a proposed constitution for a small 21st century state.
- To other online resources of interest to those studying constitutional and revolutionary theory.
- The constitutional and economic theory reader
- A list of those books I've found invalueable in thinking and debating political philoisophy and economy.
- The Revolutionary reader
- The difinitive reading list for all would-be revolutionaries.
Copyright 2000-2002 Jack Durst, Last modified 05/27/2002 12:00AM PDT